|Job Type:||Full Time|
Trading Technology Cross Asset Class Software Engineer, Vice President
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The Trading Technology team are looking for the very best and brightest agile technologists across the globe to be part of a multi-year program to revolutionize how the buy-side executes in the market. In short our ambition is to turn trading from an art to a science by building industry leading technology platforms to manage orders, execute trades across the full array of cross asset products and automate the trading lifecycle.
We want developers that:
- Are passionate technologists who care about the code they engineer the quality and elegance of the solutions they build.
- Are focused on continuous improvement and fast iterative delivery
- Are comfortable working directly with traders and quants without the need for business analysts
From a technology perspective we are looking for experienced technologists that:
- Have excellent knowledge of core Java
- Practice TDD and BDD engineering techniques
- Have an understanding of java IOC frameworks such as Spring or Guice
- Understand next generation messaging and streaming technologies such as Kafka, Solace or Ignite
In return you will be joining a team that:
- Values the very best technologists and promotes the technical career path within financial services
- Can go from code complete to production in under an hour
- Deploys code to production daily
- Encourages creative thinking and those that bring new ideas to the team on how to make us better
- Has proximity to the traders and quants who are equally passionate about technology making a difference with technology