|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team at Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC4) based in Erith, Kent. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the main focus of the Operations Manager is to lead and inspire large teams of people across the inbound and outbound functions of the operation. Providing visible leadership you will focus on employee engagement, efficiency and safety along with driving continuous improvement across all areas of the CFC; through the operational team managers.
As an Operations Manager you will be set clear objectives. You will be responsible for the performance of team managers ensuring they meet demanding targets, deadlines and KPIs; to maximise operational performance and efficiency. Safety is also paramount and ensuring process compliance across all areas is a key part of the role. Ultimately, you will ensure that our customers continue to receive outstanding service.
Your role will include full people management responsibility (with the support of the Human Resources and Ops Management team where necessary) and taking the lead in areas such as:
- Performance Management
- Absence Management, Disciplinary and Grievance
- Training and Development
- Employee Engagement
Alongside this, you will be responsible for identifying areas of improvement within the operation and recommending these to senior management. As a manager, you will also need to be prepared to be hands-on within the operation, as well as having a flexible approach to shifts.
What are we looking for?
- You will need to be an experienced manager within a senior role, capable of managing large teams of people
- Able to lead by example and efficiently deal with all issues that arise from managing people
- You must have experience of working in a FMCG production, automated warehouse or distribution centre environment
- Educated to a Degree calibre or with demonstrable experience within a similar FMCG role
- You need to be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to engage and enthuse a diverse team in a time-constrained environment
- Willing and able to contribute to Ocado’s vision for 'best in class’ culture and performance for the site
- You must possess excellent communication skills both verbally and written, with the ability to deliver direction and motivation in an effective manner
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other internal teams such as HR, Engineering and Resource Planning
- Analytical rationale and be data driven, with experience of implementing and meeting KPI targets
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What else do you need to know?
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Sometimes lift objects weighing up to 30kg from the floor to shoulder height
- Need to wear protective equipment where required
- Be trained to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Spend time in environments ranging in temperature from +30 to -30 (degrees C)
As an Operations Manager you will be required to work 48 hours per week, working 12 hour shifts any 4 from 7. We are currently looking for either a Days or a Nights Operations Manager.
You will be paid a competitive salary depending on previous experience.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.