|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Relationship Manager, Executive Director
As the First Line of Defence, Control Management serves as an independent function within Human Resources to advise, counsel and assess risk mitigation strategies, in addition to effectively evaluate processes, risks and controls. The Global Relationship Manager is responsible building strong partnerships with HR leaders in a highly matrixed HR functional/regional/country specific environment and delivering risk and control processes and programs efficiently and effectively to mitigate risk across global HR.
1. Supervise and lead 3 Regional Relationship Management Teams (9 resources). Provide on-going coaching, development and guidance towards achieving goals.
2. Working closely with the HR Control Management Center of Expertise (COE), ensure Relationship Managers are fully educated on all Control Management processes and programs, and related service level agreements (SLA’s) and deadlines as to most effectively support their HR clients.
3. Establish and regularly evaluate the Relationship Management client alignment model to ensure proper coverage for HR Clients, and proper bandwidth for Relationship Managers. Solicit feedback from HR Clients, and adjust as needed.
4. In partnership with key stakeholders, and in alignment with the goals and objectives of HR Control Management and the HR Function, lead the development and implementation of the client engagement, change management and process/program delivery strategy. Oversee the delivery of local and global process and program implementations.
5. Oversee the agenda, materials and meeting facilitation (led by regional Relationship Management teams) of the monthly Regional Control Forums (APAC, EMEA, LatAm) and NAMR Roundtable sessions. Drive consistency globally while representing the local risk and control landscape. Escalation items from these forums move to the monthly Business Control Committee (BCC), led by the Chief HR Control Officer.
6. Lead the identification, escalation, monitoring and measuring of operational risk in accordance with firmwide operational risk programs, processes and all reporting requirements. Provide independent risk and control advisory support and risk challenge, inclusive of Targeted reviews, root cause analysis, and developing sustainable and strategic risk mitigation solutions.
7. Work closely with other control functions (Firm Control Management, HR Regulatory, Operational Risk, Compliance, Legal, Data Privacy, Resiliency, Internal Audit) to manage the overall HR Risk Profile.
8. Partner with Internal Audit and HR Regulatory Affairs as it relates to internal and external inspection outcomes to ensure the relevant risks identified links with HR and any plans to mitigate these risks are properly documented and agreed.
9. Lead ongoing risk and control education and awareness efforts across the Global HR.
10. Process and program portfolio may include: Control Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE), Office of Legal Obligations (OLO), Inter Affiliate Services (IAS), Designated Signing Authority (DSAO), Personal Account Dealings (PAD) restrictions, and other smaller control programs.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills in the following areas
- Ability to engage and work with executives and leaders at all levels within HR and within other Control Function teams (Firm Control Management, Regulatory, Operational Risk, Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit)
- Strong influence, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills (In Person/In Writing/Telepresence)
- Exceptional project and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Digitalization Mindset: Identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvement and simplification through automation
- Technology Skills: Microsoft – Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Office; Instant Messaging – Skype/Symphony; Analytics – Tableau; SharePoint
- College/University Degree, Advance Degree a Plus
- Extensive Financial Services/Banking Experience
- Extensive Risk and Control Experience
- Solid HR Experience
- Ability to travel from time to time (<5%)
- Ability to work outside of normal work hours for some global team/client calls