|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationMilton Keynes, GB
Department NameRoute Services
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From the rejuvenation of King's Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europe's largest civil engineering project - Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain.
Manage the development and delivery of a programme of projects to agreed scope, time, and cost.
The programmes will include the implementation of an industry-ready national rail college and the decommissioning and installation of rail infrastructure training assets.
Interviews will be held week commencing 5th October.
About the role (External)
1. Lead and direct the Programme team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
2. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
3. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
4. Agree remit and success criteria with Sponsor.
5. Manage the production of project management plans.
6. Manage the deployment of resources.
7. Check work is completed to standards.
8. Check that safety, compliance, performance and business processes are followed.
9. Monitor delivery, productivity and efficiency against the programme.
10. Deliver regular progress reports including risks and issues to Sponsors.
11. Produce periodic Business Review Report.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of programme management processes and techniques
- Knowledge of maintenance management, processes and techniques
- Knowledge of health and safety management and compliance management processes
- Knowledge of business management processes and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Degree qualification
- Membership of a professional body
- Knowledge of coaching techniques
How to apply (External)
Closing date: 28-Sep-2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information