|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the world’s largest cloud infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online products and services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for passionate, high energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
Within CO+I, the Planning, Delivery, and Community Excellence team is responsible for delivering datacenter capacity for Microsoft’s cloud business. We have a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-million, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects with specific safety, quality, schedule, and cost goals.
To help us accelerate achieving our objectives, growth, and transformation, we are looking for a strong business program manager to support the business operations program management. Being part of this team would give you an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business and enable global impact.
The role will be responsible for working with internal stakeholders in driving procure to pay functions including contract routing, purchase order creation, training, adherence to service level agreements, creating and managing rhythm of the business, and leading process improvement within CO+I.
A successful candidate will have cross group organizational skills, well-developed analytical and problem-solving capabilities, demonstrate empathy, experience enabling action from data and a passion to automate processes. Must remain resilient and constructive when faced with changes and can quickly adapt.
We are looking for someone with great project management skills who is passionate about process efficiencies, will drive actionable insights across complex business, and will identify and resolve critical problems for our stakeholders.
- Business Partnership and Communication – Influence others via communication, effective data visualization, and storytelling. Provide active support and proactive tools to allow for visibility of business health. Drive actionable insights and business accountability based on outcomes of data analysis. Support request from leaders for ad hoc analysis of contract and/or purchase order data and drive regional business reviews.
- Operational Brilliance - Facilitation of end to end procure to pay and operational program management for financial project closeout (i.e. tools, processes, capabilities, procedures etc.).
- Process Excellence – Establish and ensure success of ongoing processes to promote greater impact and appropriate consistency and efficiency. Focusing on elimination of manual steps, tightening of operational controls and optimization without compromising compliance.
- Trusted Advisor - Provide direction and guidance to internal stakeholders answering related questions or issues, while demonstrating a positive attitude.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as business process or operations manager
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills - ability to think strategically and act operationally
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within multiples levels of an organization
- Must be comfortable working with ambiguity and adept at using data to influence decision making
- Demonstrated influencing skills, with proven ability to handle multiple stakeholders and work streams across various levels of the organization, and prioritize as needed, including pushing back
- Experience with building and managing process flows, conducting training as required
- Demonstrate a Growth Mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience in contract management, sourcing, supplier management, and/or business management or another related field
- Construction related experience is preferred
Additional Details for Internal Candidates
- Live and breathe Microsoft 10 inclusive behaviors
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.