|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Delivery Manager will be responsible for managing projects within the Enterprise Tech department. This individual will sit within the Editorial and Commercial Applications team, who are responsible for the Enterprise level production critical systems used by the Commercial and Editorial departments.
Responsibilities for the Delivery Manager will range from (but not limited to) system upgrades, implementing new systems and managing/enhancing existing business processes.
This individual will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation. The individual should maximise the value of the products and be responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations regarding the usage of existing and proposed new tools.
- Assist teams in developing their usage of systems to optimise processes
- Identify or evaluate the suitability of the new tools for the business
- Review and prioritise feature/change requests for the business tools
- Participate in preparing Change Requests for the business and seeking approval for their progression
- Manage the delivery of change in the form of projects and/or small initiatives
- Manage and lead end to end delivery across multiple teams
- Manage budget process for projects
- Build strong relationships and manage stakeholders through proactive communication
- Assist technology and business stakeholders in on-going development and planning
- Assist in planning integration of various systems
- Ensuring training programmes and communication plans are organised and delivered efficiently
- Communicate required changes and features to technology in a concise way
- Manage relationship with vendors and escalate support and related issues when necessary
- Attend business meetings, recap next steps and initiate projects
- Contribute towards weekly project reporting/meetings to Senior Management
- Assist with team management when line manager is on holiday or unavailable
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- Experience managing projects with various methodologies
- A broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming
- A creative and positive approach to problem-solving
- The ability to gather and interpret information accurately and to the point
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Responsibility to work autonomously
- Ability to explain technical ideas clearly in simple terms; adjusted for the audience in question
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise as needed
- Good negotiating skills
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, Lucid Chart, Google suite is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment would be a benefit
- Agile/Prince 2 qualification advantageous