|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameIP Head of Finance Western & Wales (455130) G2
About Network Rail
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail - Europe's largest civil engineering project - to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Despite this, demand is still increasing and over the next 30 years passenger demand for rail will more than double with freight demand expected to grow by 140%. We're improving the rail network, providing faster, more frequent and more reliable journeys between Britain's towns and cities. This is bringing people and businesses closer together, making Britain more competitive and a better place to do business. This provides wider benefits to the economy; rail investment stimulates private sector growth, and we are investing in our workforce and introducing new technologies.
At Network Rail, our Finance function is key to our success. Our diverse and high-achieving team is responsible for ensuring we secure appropriate funding and get the best possible value for the money we spend, driving forward our continuing mission to transform the UK's rail network into a world-class infrastructure. We are responsible for establishing Network Rail's cash requirements through the planning process, securing the income requirements through the regulatory process and funding the Company's borrowing requirements through the financial markets. We control expenditure and provide clear and accurate management information. Providing value for money from suppliers through contracts and procurement, we also mitigate the Company's exposure to financial risk.
The role of Finance Business Partner is to provide a proactive financial and management accounting service to budget holders to support business decisions and maintain financial control.
About the role (External)
This role will involve being a Business Partner to the Route Asset Team along with liaising with many parts of the company including deliverers (Infrastructure Projects and Network Operations) and other support functions (e.g. Contracts& Procurement, Central Accounts Team and HQ)
The key accountabilities of the role are summarised as follows:
- Support the preparation of business plans and budgets, providing specialist advice.
- Produce and present period actuals and forecasts for budget holders, including preparing period accruals, transfers and adjustments.Issue reports and support budget holders in understanding the impact of the period results and forecasts against budgets.
- Produce the period end business review pack and highlight any significant issues with financial and other business results.
- Monitor and promulgate corporate governance throughout the function and review compliance with financial regulations.
- Assist in investment appraisals and business case analysis.
- Model and analyse cost base and identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies.
- Participate in budget holder key meetings to provide sound financial advice and support.
- Provide investment and project accounting services as required for areas of responsibility.
- Support the timely collection of business unit debts and payment of business unit creditors, and supply accurate periodic cash forecasts.
- Identify and manage commercial risks, including the financial suitability of new customers.Promote risk management in the function.
How to apply (External)
Salary: £40107 - £45120
Closing date: 25th September. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close this advert early based on volume of applications.
Click 'apply now' to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Click here for more information
Want to find out about what benefits we offer? click here
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information