|Job Type:||Full Time|
Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Group IT has the mission to provide the strategic direction, governance and delivery of the core IT services which enable Ocado Group as a whole to deliver on its missions.
The Digital Workplace team is part of Group IT and is working to ensure that all employees within Ocado Group have the right technologies to do their jobs successfully and in the easiest way possible.This involves providing end users with the optimum software and hardware in five interconnected points. Messaging, Productivity, Collaboration, Communication and Mobility. As a Product Manager in this role you will be expected to own the portfolio of SaaS systems within the teams Messaging and Productivity areas, which includes the likes of G Suite, Adobe and Docusign.
As Product Manager you will work directly with the business users to ensure that these systems meet the end user needs whilst also ensuring you remain the advocate for best practice use of the systems. The role will also work closely with the vendors of the systems to ensure that development requests are logged and roadmaps are defined and tracked.
You will have responsibility for
- Owning and understanding the SaaS systems within the messaging and productivity areas of the Digital Workplace and apply this knowledge to support benefit realisation
- Being the advocate of best practice for the use of the systems and use this knowledge to identify gaps and opportunities in processes and use cases
- Owning the vendor development roadmaps and ensure end user needs are articulated back to the vendors
- Managing the G Suite champion network within the business areas
- Ensuring Ocado is receiving consistent value for money within the systems being supported
- Providing 3rd line support to the end users and Technical Support Services for detailed queries and issues
- Ensuring any future systems within the messaging and productivity areas meet the mission and strategy of Digital Workplace
- Working with the Application Training team to ensure all new and currents features have dedicated training plans to ensure end users are able to fully utilise the system
We would like to hear from you if you have the folllowing:
- Relevant industry experience in providing SaaS solutions to end users
- Proven experience in software lifecycle management
- Ability to create and maintain third party supplier relationships
- Ability to capture business requirements from all areas of the business and provide fit for purpose requirements and solutions
- Experience in the governance of development requests and gaining approval of changes to applications.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to converse with stakeholders of all levels
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience of managing G Suite applications
- Have the ability to draw on expertise and knowledge base as required
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.