|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Assistant to join our team. This will be ideal for a candidate who has a passion for safety and who wishes to develop their career.
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely administrative support for the safety team and to facilitate the smooth running of the safety department by providing organisational support.
- Instil in all employees the desire to act instinctively in a safe manner themselves with regard to their own and others' safety and to be fully participative in the company's arrangements for implementing, monitoring and improving safety.
- Manage the administration of safety team documentation, strategies and files. Implementing competency management systems to ensure accurate records.
Mandatory Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Proficient in the MS Office and Adobe package
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skill
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to assist with data/trend analysis
- Interest/desire of Health & Safety (opportunity for career progression)
- NCRQ Certificate in Applied Safety Management or equivalent
- Diary contact for Head of Safety; plan, organise and prepare for meetings/appointments in advance.
- Provide a consistent level of clerical support for the wider safety team, maintain relevant records, files and systems to enable retrieval of information within fifteen minutes.
- Take, produce and distribute minutes of safety/management meetings.
- Ensure work methods, standards, procedures & documentation are current and displayed appropriately.
- Support the Safety Manager in delivery of the company safety, quality and environment plans; conduct risk assessments and compliance audits as required.
- Liaise with the Operations Standards and Training Manager to ensure safety critical workers are identified, trained and assessed at appropriate intervals; support assessor team in ensuring competence records are kept up to date.
- Prepare internal audit plans and ensure that reports are recorded accurately.
- Provide periodic reports on safety performance, including summaries of all incidents and actions taken, status of investigations where undertaken, and analysis of trends against Safety Indicators.
- Effectively maintain statutory and company safety records.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure good communication and teamwork.
- To undertake any additional duties at the request of the line manager, that is deemed to be within your competency.
- To adhere to all TOL & FirstGroup policies and procedures.
- To undertake any training and development activities at the request of the line manager.
- To comply with all Group Safety policies and support new initiatives.
You'll enjoy a range of benefits, such as:
- Free travel on our buses for you and your family
- Pension scheme
- The chance to buy discounted First shares.
- Discounted train travel for you and your family on our train operators (GWR, SWR, TPE & Hull Trains).
- On top of this our rewards include First Xclusives where you and your family and friends can benefit from over 3,000 offers on a variety of goods and services
What do we do?
We run four main lines on behalf of Transport for London, keeping 30 trams running safely and reliably nearly 24/7. Our customers rely on us to get them to where they want to go. So, everyone has a big part to play from our tram drivers and mechanics to our support, revenue and control centre teams.
Applications should be received no later than Friday 25th September 2020.