|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
Having secured several key roles managing and delivering NHS Trust Estate redevelopment, we are actively growing our UK Healthcare Team.
This role will involve a blend of active contribution to new client and business activity as well as delivery of services as a key member of the Health and Higher Education Team within our Advisory Unit.
A bit about us:
Mott MacDonald is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the world. We are a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
About the division:
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our Built Environment portfolio is primarily a UK business working in both the public and private sector of the construction market. We provide cost and project management services for a wide range of clients including central government, local authorities and private clients. We work in the majority of buildings market sectors including workplace, residential, law and order, health, education, retail, sports and commercial property. Our vision is to provide added value to our clients business through high quality services and our people.
* Degree qualified in a Quantity Surveying subject (or equivalent)
* MRICS/MCIOB qualified
* Proven skills and experience of delivering Cost Consultancy services whilst managing high value contracts within the buildings sector
* Experience of pre contract surveying duties on buildings projects, including estimating, cost planning and cost reporting
* Proficient in using construction contracts, including JCT and NEC
* Ability to build relationships both with internal management teams and externally with key client stakeholders
* Experience in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
A bit about the role
We are currently looking for a Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor to join our team in London working projects within the built environment.
The role of Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor will be to perform in a customer facing environment, providing specialist quantity surveying advice to a range of internal and external clients across the buildings built environment portfolio.