|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden). With that in mind, it’s important to note that a large number of the training that we deliver is delivered remotely.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
About the role and team:
Ocado’s Digital Workplace team is working to ensure that all employees within Ocado have the right toolset to do their jobs effectively. This involves providing the correct baseline of hardware and software in five key pillars. These are Messaging, Productivity, Collaboration, Communication and Mobility.
As our Digital Workplace grows, we’ve identified a need to have a Training Lead within the team, who will be solely responsible for creating, implementing and delivering training packages to our employees. Whilst we grow the team, we would anticipate our Training Lead to take control of growing the Digital Workplace Training team.
What would I be doing?
We’re looking for someone to join us on a permanent basis, whilst we’re not back in the office full time just yet, the role is based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. Our new ways of working only enhance the importance of making our communication and collaboration methods digital. You would also be responsible for:
- Developing, documenting and delivering engaging training plans for all of the technologies within our Digital Workplace platform.
- Work to develop our current training plans to ensure they are up to date, engaging and relevant to current product releases.
- Partner with the relevant Product Managers to ensure all new features within vendor roadmaps are covered and communicated prior to or shortly after general release
- Provide training across a number of mediums including presentations, face-to-face, group sessions and video recordings.
- Provide line management and guidance to the Application Training Coordinator
- Work with the Digital Workplace Manager to assess and implement new and emerging technologies
- Produce training materials - eg, handouts, training videos, training guides
- Communicating to the business about training and resources available
- Oversee existing and develop new champion networks across the user base and ensuring that there is a dedicated training plan for new starter induction
What we are looking for
It goes without saying that we’d like to hear from someone who has extensive experience in training people, if you have extensive experience in delivering and creating training across an internal or external network, we’d like to hear from you. We’d also like to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Experience in developing training plans and curriculums
- Exceptional communication skills
- A passion for learning new features and upgrades
- Excellent presentation skills including public speaking both virtually and in person
- Previous experience in software training and/or change management
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn, understand and work with new technologies
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Prior experience of our Digital Workplace products (G Suite, Slack or Box)
- Have the ability to draw on expertise and knowledge base as required
- Experience as a line manager
Our recruitment process will remain remote and be completed through video calls, with the nature of the role, we may request for you to submit video content as part of your application. Once you’ve applied, we’ll be in touch to let you know more about the process!
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.