|Location:||City of Bristol|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
About the job:
You will be an integral part of the depot maintenance team who are responsible for ensuring our depot and trains are presented to the highest standard for our customers. You will be working a permanent day shift across a 7-day rota which will include weekends and bank holidays.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To undertake shed and other depot cleaning duties
- To carry out train cleaning activities and use of chemicals & techniques in accordance with relevant manuals and specifications.
- Seek out ways to improve standards and flexibility within the cleaning team
- Create, enhance and maintain effective working relationships
- Create and maintain the necessary safe conditions for work activity and comply with all safety standards
You'll need to be:
- Able to demonstrate evidence of working on your own and within a team
- Able to complete tasks to a set standard, in accordance with specification/procedure and to deadlines
- Committed to delivering cleaning to the highest standard both inside & outside of the train and able to follow written instructions
- Enthusiastic and well organised in your approach towards work
- Able to deal with bio hazards, such as blood and the safe disposal of sharps i.e. discarded syringes, broken glass and razor blades
- Willing to learn new skills and participate in training
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- Knowledge of COSHH and Health and Safety at Work. IOSH training would be desirable
- Previous cleaning experience preferably gained in a production or warehouse environment
- NVQ level 1 or 2 in cleaning and/or support services or working towards this would be highly desirable
- Desirable to have completed or participating in Business Improvement Training (BIT)
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including defined benefit salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
At GWR we value diversity. Our vision for inclusion and diversity is:
We are progressive. We are one family. We are inclusive. First time, every time.
Valuing our differences such as age, gender, LGBTQ+, ethnicity, religion, and disability, means that our colleagues have a voice and are supported to be their authentic selves at work.