|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across South Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds and large parts of Southern England.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers.
About the team:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and driven marketing executive to join our Sales and Marketing team. The role will be reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager to support delivery of the marketing strategy to raise brand awareness as well as driving value and volume.
About the job:
In this through-the-line role you will work as part of a team to plan and deliver a range of campaigns to support the business in achieving revenue targets from new and existing customers across the GWR network. You will ensure that our brand and product messages are delivered consistently across all communication channels above and below the line, from our website and digital platforms, to social and external media.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working with the Senior Marketing Manager to manage day-to-day agency relationships (creative, media, CRM/Loyalty & PR) to maximise ROI.
- Build and maintain day-to-day relationships with External Communications, Route Managers, Sales, Social Media, Customer Experience, Retail, Digital and CRM and Loyalty teams. Work cross-functionally to gather insights and data for campaign strategy; amplify campaign activity through our media channels; ensure campaigns and promotions are communicated to stakeholders in the business; establish campaign KPIs; and ensure monitoring and evaluation methodologies are set up.
- Developing campaign briefs and coordinating with internal stakeholders for consultation and sign off before assessing creative ideas and media plans, challenging the status-quo and leading new creative thinking/media approaches across the business to maximise campaign effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with internal approvals procedure and industry guidelines, (ASA, CAP code, RACC, Clearcast).
- Optimising campaign results via weekly calls with the agency teams looking at digital results and reservation levels for all retail channels and supporting the Senior Marketing Manager with campaign reporting and post campaign analysis.
- Ensuring that campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and are compliant with finance policies and procedures.
- Writing internal marketing briefs and presenting updates to Customer Service, Internal Comms, the Contact Centre and fulfilment teams on any new campaigns and implementation of campaign tracking procedures.
- Optimise digital marketing activity from campaigns by driving traffic to the website.
- Ensure we attain best value for money from all digital investment and have a clear understanding of digital attribution and ROI.
- Manage and optimise search/traffic acquisition activity such as PPC and display advertising, as well as leading on the development of always-on content calendar.
- Be a brand custodian, working on brand development projects and ensuring GWR's brand philosophy and guidelines are understood, able to interpret the correct application of our brand to stakeholders in the business.
- Other ad-hoc marketing support as required to ensure the smooth-running operation of the Marketing team.
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver projects and processes to the highest standard and tight timelines.
- Able to foster strong teamwork, pulling together to deliver agreed objectives.
- Responsible and able to work effectively and with an understanding of risk.
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- 2 years' previous marketing campaign experience with proven success in maximising campaign effectiveness and ROI
- Practical knowledge and experience of customer segmentation, marketing campaigns and advertising
- Strong experience of understanding of visual brand identity and the importance of brand guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – must be able to present and produce analysis and reports to an exacting standard.
- Strong data interpretation and analysis skills.
- Focus on quality, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in the travel/retail/leisure sector
- Strong computer literacy – Excel/Word/PowerPoint
About the location:
The successful applicant should be advised that starting the role remotely from home may be necessary whilst a long-term plan to return to the office is put into place. Otherwise, the role will be based in Capital House in London. It is a short walk from Paddington station and the nearest tube station is Edgware Road.
Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Travel to locations on and off our network may be required on an ad hoc basis.