|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
As a Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You will help customers evaluate their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Are you passionate about helping customers drive Digital Transformation? Are you looking for a position where you will be central to driving high impact in one of Microsoft’s top business priorities?
As the Modern Workplace Specialist, you will be responsible for working with Business Decision Makers to understand their unique business needs. You will be on point to orchestrate an extensive v-team covering multiple areas including Remote Work, Security & Compliance, Teamwork, Insights, Surface and Phone System to architect a solution that will empower their employees and drive their business and work in a team, enabling the customers through digital transformation by leveraging the Modern Work of Microsoft 365 and Surface.
As a Modern Work Specialist you will:
Be the M365 sales leader and expert for your assigned set of accounts
- Hunt new Modern Work (remote work, security, compliance, teamwork, insights, meeting and calling) opportunities by identifying and engaging with key business and technical contacts, understanding customers’ business and technology priorities, governance, decision and budget processes, and landing the value proposition of M365 platform.
- Own and drive new revenue growth for Microsoft M365 solutions within assigned accounts by setting and achieving monthly sales forecasts.
- Drive customer intent and demonstrate solution value with envisioning workshops, and demonstrate economic value of our M365 solutions
- Drive Surface penetration in enterprise accounts in coordination with Surface sales specialist
- Deliver customer business transformation and success through accelerated adoption and usage resulting in customer references that can be leveraged in future sales engagements.
- Compete proactively to win new business and share through differentiated customer business value, evaluating customer alternatives and refining competitive strategy
Be the interface to the customer and orchestrate a v-team of resources to solve customer problems
- Identify customer business and technology challenges and bring them to agreement on the business value of modern work solutions - including detailed relevant BDM, ITDM & Industry use cases, solution briefings and demos, and financial analysis such as Total Cost of Ownership, Cost Take Out & Return on Investment
- Own opportunities from qualification to close by orchestrating an extensive virtual team consisting of technical and partner roles across an extensive portfolio of products, escalating issues for internal business and technical teams, and negotiating final proposals.
- Orchestrate the completion of a successful Customer Success Plan in all new opportunities before opportunity is closed to drive deployment and usage.
- Foster and expand Microsoft’s relationships with Customer Business Decision Makers and lead sales team to blockers to evaluation, contracting, deployment, and usage.
Stay sharp and assist Microsoft transform how we deliver value to customers
- Continuously nurture and expand sales, business, technology, and competitive readiness.
- Participate in internal Microsoft sales communities and in the broader industry through events, yammer, Teams sites, community gatherings and more.
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute on complex opportunities.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and
- determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Collaborative. Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses - positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development of potential
- Travel Required: 50%.
Sales & Technology
- Amazing Salesperson: Exhibits outstanding operational excellence - including monthly/quarterly forecasting, building healthy pipeline, CRM entry and hygiene, opportunity management and virtual team orchestration
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise sales.
- Hunter: Experience driving new sales and customers using innovative approaches, leveraging joint partnership events, social selling (Linkedln) and networking.
- Technical breadth: Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, productivity and security technologies, and industry standards recommended.
- Overachiever: Exceeds sales goals in an assigned sales territory.
- Leader: Demonstrated sales and partner management experience with executive communications, engagement and influence
- Proficient: Experience with complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, etc.) and sales methodologies
- Challenger mindset: Competes to win new market share
- Influential: Significant experience delivering persuasive presentations to business decision makers.
- BS/BA degree is required.
- Additional training in sales, business or marketing preferred.
- MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.