|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a cutting-edge, dynamic and high growth fintech company to help onboard our customers and prevent our platform from being used for financial crime.
GoCardless processes billions in payments each year. Tens of thousands of businesses across the UK and beyond rely on us to handle their payments, and hundreds more sign up every week. As we look to the future, those businesses will be larger, more demanding, and present in multiple countries - and so will we.
About the Team
The Compliance Operations team is a part of GoCardless’ Risk Organisation and we play a critical role in helping to protect and grow the company!
We’re a team that is always busy, working through large volumes of customer signups, reviewing customer accounts, improving the way we do things and navigating all of the complex challenges that come with being a fast-growing business.
We’re focused on customer experience, speed, scalability and quality. We have challenging KPIs that we work hard to deliver against, and a growing, changing market to serve as GoCardless expands across the globe!
- This will be a remote role until further notice but normally based out of our London office
- Hours will be from 9.00 am - 06.00 pm (Mon - Fri)
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing sign-ups and identifying high-risk customers for further review
- Making customer onboarding decisions by validating KYC documentation
- Supporting customers through robust written communication
- Performing PEPs, Sanction and Adverse Media screening and eliminating or confirming alert matches
- Reviewing various account monitoring alerts
- Conducting enhanced due diligence checks on high-risk customers
What we're looking for
- You have a minimum of one year’s compliance (AML/KYC) experience working in a similar role
- You must have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- You take pride in having strong attention to detail and always see tasks through to completion
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- You understand the importance of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing
- Equally, you’re conscious of the customer experience and explaining our requirements effectively
- You have flawless written and verbal communication skills and are happy to support customers via email or over the phone
GoCardless has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply.