|Location:||City of Bristol|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
To help support the delivery of projects for our nuclear sector clients across the south of the UK, our multi-discipline team of engineers, based in our Tadley, Berkshire or Bristol offices are looking for people across the region with the following characteristics:
* Relevant degree in engineering, applied science and other disciplines (civil/structural engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, control and instrumentation, architecture, digital technologies and BIM modelling, chemical engineering,safety and environmental)
* Experience in the nuclear /defence industry or other highly regulated field desirable
* Ability to thrive in dynamic complex environments
* Passion for delivery
* Desire for a deep understanding of client needs
* Ability to constructively challenge the norms and innovate
* Builds and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
* Strong technical knowledge & experience in relevant discipline
* Technical writing ability, in English, with experience in the preparation of reports, specifications, presentations, etc
* Proactive, collaborative and positive attitude
* Security Clearance or the ability to apply and obtain
Desirable experience includes:
* Stakeholder management in complex organisations.
* Knowledge and experience of nuclear safety cases, including understanding of internal and external hazards, justification of engineering standards, design substantiation and/or contributing to HAZOP and HAZID Studies.
* Knowledge, understanding and interest in structural dynamics, seismic performance and/or blast loading.
* Critical analysis of requirements
* Chartered status with a relevant institution e.g. ICE, IMechE, IET, or the drive to progress to chartered status.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in large, cutting edge engineering projects supporting some of the country's most important infrastructure projects. If this is something you'd like to be a part of, please click the apply now button!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.