|Job Type:||Full Time|
You will build and evaluate machine learning models and algorithms to solve real-world problems. You will be working closely with leading machine learning researchers, practitioners, and software engineers to generate and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms.
Internship duration can vary from 3 to 6 months.
There is no closing deadline for this post. The post will be filled once suitable candidates are found so if you are interested please apply as soon as possible.
Work with an interdisciplinary team on real-world applications of computer vision, machine learning geared towards applications for human communication and well-being.
Develop novel machine learning models and algorithms.
Design and evaluate machine learning experiments.
Write and present your findings in technical documents or papers
- Knowledge of machine learning models and algorithms; typically, this means that you are enrolled in a PhD program in the area of machine learning or a related field and have demonstrated proficiency through one or multiple publications at relevant venues;
- Good spoken and written English.
- Experience in software development practices and one or multiple of the following programming languages and libraries: Python, C++, OpenCV, TF/Keras/PyTorch
- Experience in handling and processing large datasets of videos and images.
- Working knowledge of basic computer vision tasks of segmentation/detection/object tracking/classification, signal processing – such as signal denoising, signal extraction etc.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Computer graphics, and related technology stack, e.g. Blender, Maya, ZBrush, Rhino, Unity, OpenGL, GLSL, CUDA
- Non-verbal human communication and human interaction
- Image quality metrics, high-definition imaging, image enhancement
- Biomedical applications of computer vision
- Deep learning model quantization
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.