A vacancy has arisen within the Accounts Payable department in Birmingham SSC, for a fixed term Accounts Payable Clerk. The AP clerk will be a key member of the AP function and will be responsible for the BACS and manual payments, bank reconciliations, cash forecasting, refund management and PO returns.
- Making company payments as required.
- Monthly bank reconciliations are completed timely and accurately, and any reconciling items are
identified and resolved.
- Reporting daily on cash balances.
- Posting refunds, ensuring they are identified and posted to the correct ledger.
- Posting PO batches and PO returns where necessary.
- Liaise and work with internal stakeholders to create strong relationships.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and internal controls, ensuring SOX compliance is
- Clear SLA’s are developed and shared with all stakeholders, to acknowledge the role they plan
and the timeliness of responses required.
- Ensure excellent customer service levels are maintained when communicating with both
internal & external customers.
- Maintain a strong control framework, in line with agreed SOX controls & best practice
Personal skills should include:
- Substantial experience in an accounts payable and shared services environment.
- Pro-active, responsive and action orientated.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing & process challenging environment.
- Must have 2 years experience within accounts payable/cash management.
- Deliver to strict & tight guidelines.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Proven track record of achieving KPI’s.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounts payable process & procedures is essential, along with ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent IT skills including word/excel.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic & flexible.
- Good organisational skills.
- Show passion with ‘can do’ attitude.
- Working in a US-owned subsidiary, with knowledge of SOX.
- Ability to work well in a team structure & environment, displaying great interpersonal skills
The successful applicant should be a cohesive team player, committed to providing a high standard of service to the business.
- A competitive salary
- Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Generous leave entitlement
- Generous employee benefits package, including attractive corporate discounts.
- Training and development opportunities
We fully support a healthy work/life balance and have a free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme to promote well-being.
Proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer:
Freightliner is proud to partner with WORK180 as an Endorsed Employer for Women. WORK180 is the only platform that pre-screens employers to see how well they support women’s careers.