About the Role:
The Strategic Marketing Manager for Neuroscience at Abcam is an influential external communications and product management role, responsible for deciding the strategic direction for the marketing of Abcam’s existing neuroscience portfolio and the go to market strategy for new products and technologies. You will ultimately be responsible for delivering a step change in revenue growth for the franchise.
The role is part of a team of three, reporting directly to the Director of Strategy for Neuroscience, and is responsible for deciding the short and long-term development of the Neuroscience product portfolio and its corresponding, highly customer focused marketing strategy. You will represent the voice of the neuroscience market internally and, through the continuous acquisition of insights, will understand the neuroscience biopharma market both now and its future direction through the establishment of a range of external collaborations with experts and influencers within the field. You will be the go-to expert on the strengths and opportunities within the existing Neuroscience portfolio, and delivering solutions to pain points across Abcam’s customer base will drive your personal purpose.
Working in partnership with the Customer Experience department you will decide on the key areas of neuroscience to develop innovative marketing programmes for that will drive brand leadership in Abcam’s neuroscience life science reagents, drive demand, lead generation and key account development to support the Sales teams and scale the neuroscience franchise to the next stage of its portfolio life cycle.
You will also demonstrate your ability to scale your strategic approach to develop the portfolio and marketing strategy for adjacent research areas, such as cardiovascular disease.
About the Research Area Management Team:
The Research Area Management team are a highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious group, focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. The team work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they are high energy and have a strong sense of fun.
- Through continuous collection of insights, analysis, use of business acumen and market intelligence, decide which areas of neuroscience research the marketing communications teams will focus on to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the Neuroscience product portfolio and achieve annual revenue and margin targets.
- Along with the full neuroscience team, determine the long-term expansion of Abcam's portfolio of products across all categories in Neuroscience research and make decisions on the development of the in-house R&D pipeline of new product types and platforms.
- Develop target product profiles for solutions across a broad range of product types to drive the successful launch of these products into the market, and to feed into broader marketing communications.
- Design and execute methods for tracking and responding to competitor marketing activities for Neuroscience.
- Decide which product lines and market segments to target to enhance Abcam's global reputation as a leading partner in Neuroscience research from bench to clinic.
- Identify differentiating factors for Abcam’s portfolio that will deliver brand leadership and feed this insight through to the appropriate teams for action.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to deliver significant marketing campaigns for the neuroscience portfolio, including the launch of new products and validation data from R&D initiatives.
- Provide direction to drive digital marketing approaches for content development aligned to strategic objectives.
- Ensure that omni-channel strategies are implemented to create a fully integrated customer experience.
- Partner with the Sales, Business Development and Customer Support teams to position Abcam as leaders in neuroscience research reagents with potential customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist the Events team with the planning and execution of market leading events including webinars and conferences.
- Deliver all activities within the agreed neuroscience budget.
- Develop short and long term, scalable strategies to identify and secure the right external parties with whom collaboration would deliver the next stage in growth for the neuroscience portfolio. These collaborations will include, but not be limited to, new product suggestions, upvalidation of products, product endorsement, content support for marketing campaigns and chairing and speaking at Abcam’s neuroscience events.
- Identify candidates to form Abcam’s external scientific advisory board for Neuroscience develop and maintenance Abcam’s relationships with these board members.
- Facilitate the neuroscience scientific advisory board to input into the future strategic direction for the neuroscience portfolio.
- Develop methods to measure the success of external collaborations.
- Inspire and proactively engage key stakeholders across the business to collaborate and drive the Neuroscience strategy forwards at pace.
- Design and deliver methods to communicate the Neuroscience marketing strategy and its progress to the global Abcam team and ensure a consistent understanding of the Neuroscience research area across the organization.
- Support colleagues across the organisation to identify and initiate appropriate, high value external collaboration partnerships to support the neuroscience strategy.
You will be able to demonstrate significant sales or product management experience in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry. In addition, you will have extensive experience of driving the development and execution of marketing strategies and collaborations to deliver a step change in revenue growth for the product ranges you have managed. You will preferably have experience within the Neuroscience research field and in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications. You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role. A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary, along with marketing qualifications, and a PhD would be a bonus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.