|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Do you want to be a key sales leader at one of the largest cloud companies in the world at the most exciting transformative time in the industry? Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. Joining Microsoft in the Enterprise Operating Unit (EOU) as the Enterprise Sales Excellence Lead you will be advising the Enterprise Lead and coaching sales managers to build the momentum of digital transformation for our customers and partners as well as the company itself. The Sales Excellence Lead is a senior sales leader with exceptional relationship, solution selling and coaching skill who has a proven track record of driving growth in complex and ever-changing business environments and market lifecycles.
The Specialist Sales Excellence Manager is a critical business role that looks left-right across the Enterprise business to sell value of Cloud solutions to empower digital transformation acceleration four our customers, calling and managing risk and upside, identifying/targeting high-value opportunities, accelerating partner co-sell, modeling our coaching culture transformation, and translating business insights into business models that accelerate business outcomes and customer/partner satisfaction.
As a Partner to the STU Lead Running the Business
- Establish and drive a well-defined, predictable rhythm of the business (RoC), that enforces great discipline in sales and consumption processes and delivers over-achievement of business results through core sales and consumption motions
- Coach and advise on sales motions/strategies for up-sell and co-sell opportunities. Drive awareness to product mix needed to meet targets, gain direct customers/partner insight to generate new business and accelerate the close of existing opportunities
- Coach pipeline discipline leading to healthy coverage and infuse the proper forecast rigor, accuracy, and accountability
- Instilling sales process discipline, adherence to standards and excellence in execution while holding sales managers accountable to quality and accuracy
As a Sales Leader Coaching for Growth
- Increase the ease of doing business with Microsoft by escalating, and solving for, customer/partner issues that impede product adoption/growth
- Leverage business insights and transformational leading indicators (TLIs) to benchmark performance and define current and future actions needed to grow the business faster than the overall market.
- Coach for growth across the 4 customer scenarios and drive the identification of new upsell/cross-sell opportunities
- Expand cloud penetration. Orchestrate solution-focused opportunities mapping customer challenges to solutions and scaling through partners
As a Transformational Leader
- Partner with Area Transformation Leads, Area Capability Leads and Business and Sales Operations Team to remove selling time roadblocks and increase seller capability and effectiveness
- Role model the internal transformation from an inspection to coaching culture. Leading sales managers to become more effective coaches to their sellers resulting in increased individual and team capability, employee satisfaction and collaborative selling efforts
- Coach sales managers to drive new Digital Transformation projects through business outcome selling
As the Specialist Sales Representative in Fiscal Year Planning
- Segment point of contact for fiscal year preparation & growth initiatives on behalf of the Specialist Team Unit Lead representing the STU goals, needs and influencing final decision making
- Provide decision making support for the STU Lead during blueprint process on headcount changes and create business cases on additional headcount requests if applicable.
- Contribute with market understanding, sales territory, segment potential thru the Quota setting process and participate in Sales Manager briefings
- Drive integrated account planning to exceed cloud growth targets and hold sales managers accountable for plan quality and completeness
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Core Competencies: Organizational Leadership, Strong Business Acumen, Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning, Sales Team Leadership
- Professional Competencies: Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgement, Collaboration, Executive Maturity/Presence, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Organized & Disciplined, Initiates/Embraces Change
- Experience: 10+ years of related experience in: Senior Sales or Channel Management/Leadership Roles, Business Transformation, Coaching Solution Sales, Strategic Sales Planning, Strong Business Analysis Skills (understands financials, sales processes, scorecards and key performance indicators)
- Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA/Masters a plus with focus on business administration, economics, finance, organizational management, business management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.