|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Procurement Professional with international experience as Category Manager within the operations (material & gas) scope to be part of a team who are responsible for defining the category strategy based on present and future requirements.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A proactive approach to recognising business needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and finding solutions
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships at all levels and across functions
- To really thrive in this role you will enjoy working in a strategic way, you are dependable, goal oriented and love using your strong influencing skills in order to support negotiations
- You will also ensure deployment and maintenance of categories for all sites in your perimeter
- Be responsible for the procurement performance within your portfolio
- Analyse current procurement portfolio, spend, supply base, contracts for Europe
- Identify risks, opportunities and support continuous improvements within procurement processes
- Participate in category councils and facilitate them to ensure stakeholders alignment
- Identify short term opportunities (volumes consolidation, bundling) and long term opportunities (standardisation) and consolidate needs (OPEX and CAPEX) to management
How you'll make an impact:
- This is a senior position that requires a lot of autonomous work and independent, impactful decision making. For that reason, we are looking for a procurement professional with at least five years of experience working as a Category Manager in a centralised procurement organisation in an industrial company.
- As Category Manager you have a proactive approach to recognising business needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and finding solutions.
- Willing to travel across Europe to support meetings with your equivalent Category Manager colleagues based in offices all over Europe. This means that you will be a part of a virtual team (with different reporting lines) and that you can expect some traveling.
Location: Coleshill, West Midlands
Salary: Up to £63,000 per annum (total package) - Generous Annual Leave, Perks At Work, Dedicated talent development team to help your career progress, Generous Pension Scheme, Mental Health Wellbeing Ambassador support
Closing Date: 22 September 2020
Did you know we are an endorsed employer with #Work180.. Check out our employer page!
Why work for us?
The world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
As a business operating in sectors all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits to our customers, our company and our employees. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
“ Gender diversity is a source of value and competitive advantage, along with other forms of diversity like nationality, age, educational background. Such diversity makes us a stronger and more successful company. ”
Benoît Potier, Chairman and CEO of Air Liquide