|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Mixed Reality & AI Lab in Cambridge (UK) is a research team building the future for mixed reality. We bring innovative new technologies and experiences from early-stage research to deployment in Microsoft products. Our main focus is to enable transformative new remote presence experiences that combine next-generation mixed reality hardware with AI software to improve our ability to communicate with each other remotely. The team has a diverse wealth of experience across computer vision, graphics, neural rendering, deep learning, interaction, human character animation and software engineering, and has a strong track record of shipping ground-breaking technologies in Microsoft products including Kinect and HoloLens.
The team is growing, and we are looking for talented researchers and software engineers with experience in computer vision, graphics, and machine learning: people who love to invent and build new stuff that really works and can be deployed to millions of users.
- Must be passionate about incubating new ideas, solving problems, and building working systems.
- Must be self-motivated, proven collaborators, good communicators, attentive to details, and keen to learn.
- Ideally have practical experience working in an academic or industrial research environment.
- Should hold
- a PhD or similar degree in computer vision, computer graphics, or machine learning
- or have suitable alternate expertise and experience
- Must be strong programmers with software engineering experience and good debugging skills. Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- C++ (especially C++11 and newer), Python, C#
- GPU programming (especially CUDA)
- Graphics programming (especially DirectX and OpenGL)
- High- and low-level code optimization
- Digital image processing
- Should have hands-on experience working on at least one of:
- 3D computer vision, ideally including experience of analysis of the human body/hands/face
- Machine learning, especially deep learning
- 3D computer graphics, ideally including experience of simulating the human body/hands/face
- Probability and statistics
- Numerical algorithms, e.g. nonlinear optimization
- Robotics and control systems
- Novel sensing hardware
- Should have strong mathematical skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.