|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Macro Trading comprises the Corporate & Investment Bank’s Currencies & Emerging Markets (CEM), Global Rates, FX Services, Macro e-Commerce and Commodities businesses, with a collective presence in 23 countries. This role focuses mainly on the Global Rates business with a cross-over with other Macro Trading businesses. External reporting, Balance sheet/RWA role is an extension of the product controller role within CIB Finance & Business Management. Controller is responsible from the timely and accurate regulatory submissions of the Line of Business, monitoring balance sheet, Capital, RWA and advises to the business on deal specific accounting and/or RWA usage.
Job responsibilities include :
- Oversee and be accountable for the quality of the Regulatory Reporting disclosures of the Business
- Interact with product controllers teams in across Macro Trading, coordinate effort and consolidate information required for Regulatory disclosures
- Working with the business to ensure that they fully understand developments in Regulatory framework and priorities, i.e. changes to the Capital framework, the impact of Risk Weighted Assets, revenue recognition on structured deals, GSIB impacts, leverage ratios etc
- Provide guidance on accounting for products, liaising with Accounting Policy group where appropriate and ensuring compliance with Corporate Regulatory requirements
- Monitoring and providing analytic support for optimizing balance sheet, capital and other related cost.
- Responsible for collecting external disclosures from regional product controllers; consolidating data, performing consistency checks, roll forwards, and completing data quality checklists and analytical review
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Good knowledge of accounting, financial statements, product and risk
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationship.
- Intermediate Excel & Presentation skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure.
- Previous Experience in an Investment Banking environment is preferable