|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your new role
Our Sofology Retail Layout Planner is commercial and methodical, very thorough and accurate with projects that they own. Accuracy is key in ensuring that the right products are in the right place, and having an appreciation for spatial layout within interiors and retail environments.
In this role you will optimise store space allocation and provide logical customer flows, and incorporating analysis such as dwell times and hot spots. You will work cross functionally with the Visual Merchandising, Buying, Marketing, Retail and Property teams throughout the business to ensure store layouts incorporate the right solutions for our customers and store colleagues, with the ultimate aim of ensuring every sofa has the perfect spot in line with our brand vision.
What you'll be doing
- You will work closely with the Buying team to ensure each store can accommodate products selected to be displayed within each range and are accommodated within the right size bay, giving it space to show it’s full potential.
- You will create effective plans that coincide store and product information with a goal of improving sales profitability whilst delivering the framework of the company's values and vision.
- You will create and communicate retail floor plans for existing stores, producing accurate and timely merchandising plans for our stores and VM teams to implement. With 3 major range changes per year, it is essential that you have a passion for planning and organisation, and work closely with Buying, Marketing and the VM teams to deliver this..
- You will be the first point of contact for store colleagues with queries and challenges on store layouts and will work in close contact with the Regional Managers and VM teams. You will work closely with the Supply Chain to manage range change effectively.
- As well as existing store layouts there will be a requirement to work on new stores, refreshing of stores, any structural changes and adding in new key areas working closely with the property team. This role will be predominantly in the field with high visibility within our store estate.
- To be considered for the role you will need to have experience in producing effective CAD and planograms along with specific Space Planning programmes.
- You will be highly analytical, commercially aware and have exposure to either micro or macro space planning principles.
- A proficient level of excel will be necessary including V-look ups, formulas and pivot tables to ensure reports and presentations are delivered to standard.
- A flexible approach to working and being able to communicate effectively and adapt to all levels is essential.
- his is a challenging and fast paced role so having the drive and enthusiasm will be key factors in your success.
- Company Car
- Laptop & Phone
- 33 Days Holiday + Length of Service
- Your Birthday off / Pawternity Leave/ Grandparent Leave
- Learning & Development, Next generation programme
- 30% discount across the group & 15% for friends & family
- High street Discounts with 100’s of great brands
- Contributory Healthcare
- Your Lawyer
- Employee Assistance Programme for all colleagues & your household
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Discuss flexible working & part time opportunities
A little about sofology
Founded over 30 years ago, we’re true sofa specialists. So much more than just a piece of furniture, we know that a sofa is the one thing that truly turns our customer’s houses into homes.There’s a lot at stake when it comes to guiding our customers to make the right choice for them - that’s why our customer journey is unique in the sofa market. That means no ‘ends next Sunday sales.
We think choosing a new role and choosing a new sofa have a lot in common. Your old one feels comfy, you’re used to it, and you know exactly where you fit. But a new job - or a new sofa - holds so much potential. Pick the right one and you’ll never look back. You want to feel comfortable, but with enough going on to keep you right on the edge of your seat. Our team is always growing, and we’re constantly shuffling up on the sofa to make room for the newest member of the Sofology family.