|Job Type:||Full Time|
Department NameNorth West & Central Region
About Network Rail
We at network rail are dedicated to becoming one of Britain's best employers and believe this starts with placing the candidate at the heart of everything we do!
Our ambition to be responsive to passengers and freight users, drives us every day and we're empowered to do the right thing for those who use the rail network. We actively challenge unsafe practices and take responsibility for addressing risks, resolving issues and protecting safety and wellbeing.
We're passionate about great service and we ask ourselves, what can we do to put our passengers and freight users at the centre of everything we do? With this in mind, we pull together as one industry because we care about people and teamwork is key. For more information about Network Rail click here
This role can be based in either Birmingham or Manchester.
This is an exciting time to join Network Rail in a time of transition with the Putting Passengers First programme. This plan is to provide the best possible service for passengers and freight users, to deliver the promises we've made for Control Period Six (CP6), and to improve the way we work together and with the industry.
You will be part of the NW&C Region which consist of three routes:
- North West Route, covering Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Cumbria.
- Central Route, covering the West Midlands and Chiltern areas.
- West Coast Mainline South Route*, covering the West Coast main line south of Crewe to London Euston.
We are looking for hardworking people from all backgrounds to join our journey and move us forward by having an exciting career, the right lifestyle balance and great benefits in a caring environment. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider flexible working applications. If we can make it work - we will!
As performance & reporting analyst you will be supporting the design, development, implementation of reporting and analysis. Your insights and work helps us track programme milestones and enable us to report on performance.
- Proactively design, develop and implement new internal and external reports and analysis to meet new or changing business requirements
- Produce scheduled and ad hoc reporting/analysis to agreed schedules and quality standards
- Manage key contacts and partners, liaising with them on a regular basis to understand, prioritise and support their current business requirements
- Identify, plan and deliver improvements to the existing reporting delivery methods
- Answer reporting related queries within agreed service levels
- Co-ordinate and prepare agenda and papers for executive meetings and assist with follow-up action as necessary
- Support with the delivery of data analysis within time parameters
About the role (External)
What you'll need:
- Analytical Nature with excellent attention to detail
- High standards of report accuracy and presentation
- Excellent Communications and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and MS excel skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience of extracting data from multiple sources
- Excellent Documentation
How to apply (External)
What can we offer you?
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £25,000 - 27,000. We also have a range of generous benefits. Learn more at:
Network Rail encourages applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other relevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application
Closing date: 20 September 2020
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.