|Job Type:||Full Time|
Surface has defined the 2 in 1 category and breathed a new life into the PC industry. With foldable devices Surface is creating yet another category for personal computing and re-imagining how people get work done. To continue delivering industry leading innovation, we need to stay close with our customers and drive their feedback in to our product lines. The Commercial Engineering organization seeks to grow usage and adoption of Surface products with enterprise customers and small business around the world. To achieve this objective, we have created 3 distinct teams:
- Commercial Acceleration Team (CAT) – Triage technical escalations in partnership with local sales and marketing resources. Go deep to solve the most complicated customer challenges and drive learnings back through other stakeholders in the broader engineering team. The CAT team’s primary role is to be the voice of the customer inside the engineering organization.
- Commercial Readiness Team (SCR) Study signals from the CAT team and the market at large to create and land a set of forward leaning commercial requirements for each product line. In short, the SCR team is tasked with making sure that the Surface team builds the products our customer need and want.
- Business Experiences Team (SFBE) – Deliver unique and differentiated software experiences for commercial customers to ensure that Surface devices deliver the best M365 experience in the world. The SFBE team spends cycles obsessing over Deployment Technologies & Diagnostic Tools to ensure that Surface devices are the top choice for IT professionals around the world.
The Surface Commercial Acceleration Team is looking for leaders to help grow our business by tackling the most complicated customer engagements around the globe. CAT Leads are expected to partner with local sales and marketing resources to support customers as they seek to overcome technical challenges that prevent them from adopting Surface products. CAT leads will seek to understand fundamental issues impacting specific customers and then help design solutions that will improve the experience for all our customers. As Surface continues to gain traction with business customers around the world, we need to add deep engineering expertise in key Time Zones to augment the existing capabilities in the field and to ensure that learnings are communicated and adopted in Redmond.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team, you will have responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Work closely with customers to analyze and overcome their Surface technical adoption/deployment challenges and blockers
- Gather learnings from customers, sellers and partners and deliver recommendations on how we can improve our products to better meet the needs of our customers
- Build influence with the regional leadership team and create engineering systems and business process to support growth in the market
- Manage communication and information flow across the team and to the business leaders
- BS in Computer or Electric Engineering or related field with 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience with hardware product development is preferred
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Experience with Android and mobile device management fundamentals is a plus
- Demonstrated cross-functional experience and an affinity for product engineering development
- Demonstrated customer facing, and customer relations & support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to define problems, distill data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.