|Job Type:||Full Time|
A bit about your role
As a Principal Geotechnical Engineer in our successful Croydon team, you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and work with a range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects. You will be involved in producing design solutions in line with current Eurocodes, reports specifications and drawings covering a range of project requirements within foundations and geotechnics. You'll deliver various geotechnical and underground structures projects and provide technical leadership through leading the team and managing their design work. You'll also support larger projects acting as client liaison and contributing to risk assessments, employing sustainability and undertaking budgeting and cost control.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
* Design foundations and substructures associated with large underground spaces such as deep basements and shafts, metro boxes, earthworks and slope stability
* Design retaining wall systems and major temporary works associated with underground structures
* Participate in modelling for soil/structure interaction issues associated with below-ground structures
* Travel to project sites when necessary for project delivery and client liaison meetings
Does this sound like you?
As an experienced Civil Engineer in ground engineering and geotechnics, you are able to direct and deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and within budget. You've designed various geotechnical and foundation solutions using current standards and Eurocodes and have previously worked on major transportation infrastructure projects. You have strong interpersonal skills and are able to liaise with various clients and build professional relationships. You are comfortable with your technical expertise in the ground engineering sector and have gained various project management skills throughout your career as well as acted in a technical lead capability. You're an effective communicator and are able to collaborate with all levels of staff and clients. In addition to this, you are a team player and understand the dynamics of working with a team as well as working autonomously.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
* MSc Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology (or similar)
* Chartered with a relevant professional body such as ICE/ IStructE (or similar)
* Proven experience guiding and nurturing a team of Engineers in their technical development
* Prepared to travel nationally and internationally as needed for any project
Although not essential, if you have a primary degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology related disciplines this would be advantageous as would any additional experience in PhD level modelling and offshore foundation design such as wind turbines.
A little about us
Mott MacDonald below ground heavy civils and geotechnical engineering capability is recognised as authoritative and cutting edge. Our Metro and Civils Division specialise in all aspects of foundations, Geotechnics and tunnelling, and contribute to some of the largest and most demanding structures in the world. Our expertise includes delivering value management and value engineering, geotechnical advice, geotechnical information management, site investigations, rock engineering, slope engineering, geoseismic design, and 2D/3D numerical modelling. The projects we have engaged in include high speed infrastructure, Victoria Station Upgrade, Doha Metro, Northern Line Extension, London Heathrow Third Runway Expansion Project, Nuclear New-build and Hydropower schemes as well as opportunities to work on and support projects World-wide in other regions of the Group.