|Job Type:||Full Time|
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting for a Civil Structural Engineer to be part of an integral team delivering projects in the nuclear industry. The role will be to work as part of a design team and to support Associates and/or other senior line managers. This role will be based in our office in Tadley and will have significant client facing duties.
* Responsible for detailed design work and knowledgeable in the environmental aspects/impacts of civil/structural design
* Offer a consultative approach to clients to ensure best solution is offered to meet their needs
* Liaising with external stakeholders
* Ensure client satisfaction, pursue and promote opportunities with clients
* Develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
* Demonstrate technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership
* Advise on suitable specialist software relevant to projects and implementing feedback from colleagues on systems
* Design of engineering works in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
* Prepare, in English, specifications and minimum functional specifications for the civil/structural engineering aspects of nuclear projects
* Assist with project administration
Ideally you will be a chartered engineer, or working towards it, with experience working in the nuclear sector although candidates with other regulated industry experience will be considered. Candidates must be eligible to apply for and obtain security clearance.