|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre which boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reacting to MHe breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- You will also be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
- A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Shift: 12 hour shift with an average of 42 hours per week. This will involve working a panama shift including weekdays, weekends both days and nights