|Job Type:||Full Time|
Shift: 12 hour shift with an average of 42 hours per week. This will involve working weekdays and weekends both days and nights
Salary: £22,000 - £30,006 per annum (DOE)
We are currently looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre which is around 350,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling between 190,000 - 200,000 customer orders a week from Dordon, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reacting to MHe breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- You will also be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
- Level 3 Qualified in engineering or above (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme