|Job Type:||Full Time|
Global Workshop Team Manager
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through advanced robotics and sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core Values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
We now have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Global Workshop Team Manager.
As the Global Workshop Team Manager you will provide technical guidance to the team and you will be based in Andover, Hampshire, UK
This is a true blend of demonstrating your strong leadership and vast technical expertise and experience.
You will have day to day supervision of workshop technicians and prioritisation and allocation of the workload.
Working closely with the onsite engineering teams and all other sites around the globe on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour and planned repairs of all sub-assemblies to fully support operation.
Working hours: Average of 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday (no shift pattern but flexibility will be required)
We are offering a competitive salary which is dependent on qualifications and experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Day to day supervision of workshop technicians including prioritisation and allocation of workload.
- Working closely with the onsite engineering team and all other sites around the globe on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour and planned repairs of all sub-assemblies to fully support operation.
- Be proactive in the development of team members through advising, leading and motivating team members, assessing capability and identifying and resolving training and skill requirements
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up-skilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs and defect reporting/resolving
- Reporting and monitoring of data capture for all parts usage
- Ability to lead from the front driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this you must also be competent and experienced as an Engineer, either mechanically or electrically and must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision-making
What do we need from you?
- Formal Health and Safety qualification and experience leading, managing and working safely with a high level of knowledge of UK legislation
- 4 to 5 years of experience at a management or supervisory level
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise
- Experience of lean methodologies and maintenance strategies
- Expert analytical and computer skills
- Good understanding of DC motor controls, and servomotors
- Good communication, organisation and planning skills
- Formal Engineering, management and leadership qualifications
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Various Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.