|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The Wireless team is focussed on delivering stable and dependable wireless networks in our fully automated warehouses. We design and deploy mission critical wireless services which are used in every key stage of fulfilling customer orders. Primarily you will be working with a high performing team in achieving our mission and vision of fully automated wireless networks. We are always keen on learning about newer technologies and analysing the value we can deliver with it to the business.
What would I be doing?
As a Wireless Network Engineer, you will be responsible for constantly evolving our wireless network architecture, trialing new vendor’s and platforms to strengthen our offerings, run POC for cutting edge wireless solutions and provide feedback on it to different stakeholders within the business. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce wireless network High-Level Design (HLD) and Low-Level Design (LLD) documentation for review, approval and implementation purposes
- Experienced in network monitoring ,diagnostic and testing tools covering (e.g. Solarwinds , Omnipeek, Wireshark)
- Experienced in designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, solving problems, debugging and administering Aruba and Juniper Mist WLAN products
- You have hands-on experience with WLAN Security in the areas of authentication using Radius or evolving existing security methods to a more robust solution.
- Conduct project-based site surveys and simulations using Ekahau Site Survey and produce detailed documentation for improvements and validate designs for new sites.
- You can provide excellent support for Wireless networks (both hardware and software) to customers,
- Evolving the Wireless Network architecture after carrying out analysis of incidents and post incident review documentation
- You will ensure optimal reliability, availability and performance of the wireless network
- You will create run books for troubleshooting and technical documentation for other stakeholders
- Ensure consistency and quality of our services and deliver high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Supporting production systems as required outside of standard working hours and participate in 24x7 on-call rota.
What we are looking for
- Experience in a 24*7 mission-critical enterprise network environment
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Extensive experience in designing, deploying and troubleshooting WLAN networks
- Demonstrable experience of performing stakeholder management of internal customers
- The ability to represent the wireless team within appropriate forums across the business
- Extensive experience working with WLAN platforms like Aruba and Juniper Mist Systems
- Relevant professional certifications (CWNA, CWDP, CWAP, ACMP, ECSE etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of 802.11 protocol stack and excellent understanding of networking fundamentals such as the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack,DHCP and DNS.
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Solution orientated, confident and friendly approach in dealing with customers at all levels.
- Flexible in working with different Project Management methodologies like Waterfall,Kanban & Agile
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- University degree in Computer Science or STEM subject
- Automation skills using Python
- Wireless DevOps experience
- IoT platforms
- Genuine interest in automated approaches to achieving frequent tasks
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.