|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
A little about the team...
Our CI/CD tooling team is tasked with bridging the gap between PLC automation development and more traditional programming, which is required to build our continuous delivery pipeline. We’re looking for engineers to join our growing team and help us to support our simulation infrastructure, whilst maintaining the testing pipeline which prevents issues from being raised when new updates are permitted to the products on site.
What would I be doing?
It will be your responsibility to discover and exploit all possibilities that the Siemens Openness API (C# .NET) allows in order to create a continuous delivery pipeline. This will cover Gitlab integration, PLCSim advanced integration, peripherals product configuration, library management, peripherals automated deployment among others. You’d do this by;
- Attending regular stand ups, planning, grooming and retrospective meetings in order to identify goals, manage workload and help improve team relationships.
- Participating and facilitating as required in team and area work review sessions in which technical and architectural decisions may get discussed.
- Ensuring that code development standards are adhered to Ocado SDLC guidelines.
- Providing your team and department with appropriate levels of technical support and guidance.
- Discovering and exploiting all possibilities that the Siemens Openness API (C# .NET) allows in order to create a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Helping to organise the provision of support and upgrades for existing Peripheral deployment tools.
- Improving the peripheral simulation.
- Upgrading the infrastructure and maintaining the existing tooling whilst also maintaining the pipeline via AWS and Gitlab.
- Mentoring and coaching the team on new coding practices and upskilling the team discussing architecture and design of the source code.
We want to talk to you if you have...
- Demonstrable experience of object orientated principles
- Experience and understanding of scalable architecture when creating code solutions
- Knowledge of testing principles utilising AWS and docker
- Creating and maintaining cloud tooling for CI/CD pipelines
- Drive to share knowledge and upskill less experienced engineers
- Proven Software Development Background with a focus on product development
- AWS EC2
- Git and Gitlab
- Python 3
- 2.1/1st Bsc in CS, SE, good numerate degree
These would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Object orientated programming is a must. Knowledge of C# and internal principales would be hugely beneficial
- Knowledge of the Siemens TIA Openness API
- Knowledge with Google BigQuery or Sql experience
- Knowledge of the agile methodology
- A background in mechanical systems and automation
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.