|Job Type:||Full Time|
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our world-class talent constantly moves the goal posts of what is possible to achieve through sustained technological disruption.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core priniciples of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
Based in Hatfield (16min train commute from London King’s Cross), we also have offices in Krakow, Wroclaw, Barcelona & Sofia
About the team
The Enterprise Applications team are focused on providing business applications and services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
Our close knit team has an interesting opportunity for a Business Analyst to support the needs of the business, specifically HR, Finance and Legal.
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Key experience with Workday implementations
- Experience in Workday or ERP technologies would be a huge benefit
- Leading delivery of business analysis across Business as Usual, Continuous Improvement and project/programme activity
- Agreeing the analysis approach with stakeholders, and prepare delivery plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and track activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate
- Managing junior BAs and provide direction & guidance ensuring they meet delivery expectations
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of the team's BA deliverables
- Working alongside business stakeholders to define business requirements & processes.
- Developing coaching & training frameworks for the continuous development of BAs
- Developing service models & apply standards and methodologies
- Mapping full business processes and implement solutions for technological and process improvements within the context of overall business processes
- Needs analysis, task planning, process/data analysis and modelling and/or logical database design with relational databases
We would like you to have:
- Demonstrable experience in Business Analysis
- Proven experience using Excel and Visio to a high level
- Strong communications skills
- Management qualification or relevant years of experience
Bonus points for…
- Exposure to Agile.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Have previous experience of working on multiple projects within a professional services organisation
What we can offer you…
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.