|Job Type:||Full Time|
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
We are currently recruiting for Engineering Technician's to join Ocado's state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, which is 563,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 200,000 customer orders a week from Erith, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
As an Engineering Technician you will play an important part in supporting the operation, by providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Some technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, but training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at heights
- Please note this role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC
Shift: Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts working an average of 42 hours per week, where you will be required to work weekdays and weekends both days and nights.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme