|Job Type:||Full Time|
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments, wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 55,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK, and backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners and Notion Capital. Over 400 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and support colleagues to develop in their role and more broadly in their career.
Your responsibilities as a Sales Development Representative for France will be to prospect and qualify opportunities with senior decision makers. You will work alongside our Account Executives based in the UK and France to find new sales opportunities.
This role will be part of an established, high performing SDR function that continues to overachieve in developing sales approaches for EMEA prospects.
You will be responsible for introducing GoCardless to new prospects, identifying the client's pains, uncovering opportunities, and growing pipeline through email outreach and cold calls. This will entail researching and identifying relevant stakeholders in the sales decision-making process.
This role will primarily be an outbound position to;
- Generate interest through prospecting,
- Establishing GoCardless value proposition for new sectors
- Develop prospect nurture-flow through to a fully qualified SQL
- Drive phone and email activity while articulating GoCardless’ value proposition
- All activity will be meticulously logged on salesforce.com
- Fluent - Native French speaker
- Outbound sales experience (email / call / linkedin / events)
- Strong organisation to maximise output throughout the day and to overachieve
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a hunger to succeed
- Self-motivated with the ambition in order to hit monthly quota.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to drive activity, build a fast-paced sales environment
- Persistence, sales spirit and objection handling skills are critical.
- Cold calling experience is essential
- Salesforce, start up and FinTech experience is beneficial but not required
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from under-represented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity, because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody - regardless of their role - can make a valuable contribution.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at GoCardless shift to remote working and this is something we’ll continue to do into 2021. We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.