|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an Diagnostic Electrician to join our team in York!
Do you want to be part of our energetic team of Engineers and maintenance staff repairing our fleet of vehicles? If yes, then this Electrician position could just be the job for you!
The salary for this Electrician position is £29,000 per year
The working hours will be a guaranteed 40 hours per week on a shift - Mon-Fri 06:00-14:30
What will you be doing?
The successful Electrician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used.
- Carry out vehicle servicing in accordance with central engineering SOPs.
- Be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems including engine management, automatic/semi-automatic gearboxes, electronic braking, suspension, electronic destinations, multiplex wiring systems and E.C.U, control systems.
- Be fully familiar with all relevant diagnostic equipment including multi meters, temperature gauges, micrometers, vernier gauges and E.C.U. diagnostic computer equipment.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent (i.e. City & Guilds level 1 & 2).
- Must be fully conversant with the safe operation of workshop equipment and the overhaul and repair of vehicle electrical systems.
- Must be in the possession of, or capable of obtaining a full PCV licence and forklift truck licence if required.
- Must have full cat b driving licence
- PCV Mechanic, Electrical & Body Repair Skills required
What can we offer you?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
We will also provide you with boots, overalls and specialist equipment so no need to worry about being safe/protected or having the right kit for the job!
What do we do?
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.
Engineering is an integral part of our business focusing on efficiency, excellence, safety and reliability. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, techniques and ways of engineering our very diverse fleet.
Working for First UK Bus you'll find your role varied, rewarding and satisfying. You'll work alongside our great team of technicians, mechanics, electricians and cleaners who all pull together to do a brilliant job! No two days are ever the same!
Interested? Apply Today!