|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company located in the heart of London. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to lead and continue to build our Accounting team in Europe. The role is responsible for the operational and technical accounting to support our business initiatives across Europe and will drive cross-border projects, develop best practice in processes, policies, and controllership on an international level. As a seasoned Accounting professional, this person will be an expert in Financial Reporting under various accounting frameworks including UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP, proficient with data and systems, and a strategic thinker who can drive results.
In this role, you will:
- Represent the Accounting team in the UK
- Ownership of aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closes while implementing and maintaining adequate mechanisms and forums for reviews, decision making and escalations with finance partners and management.
- Evaluation of technical accounting considerations, regulatory compliance, and system requirements relating to new business activities.
- Leading and driving various meetings with senior management on key financial statement areas.
- Driving standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US, local GAAP, and management reporting)—including partnering with appropriate stakeholders, for a successful end-to-end approach to reporting.
- Delivering functional projects on a cross-country level, such as implementing best accounting/ controllership practices to enhance and deepen the control environment.
- Ensuring that the Accounting activities are aligned across the EU and Worldwide Accounting Organization.
- Overseeing all aspects of local financial reporting and related compliance
- Influencing and articulating accounting/ finance terminology to the non-finance community.
An ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrable experience in relevant accounting roles
- Must hold CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent certification and knowledge of various GAAP accounting rules including IAS and IFRS.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Must have worked in an organization of similar size and scope.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges in order to identify issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Track record of having earned the trust of a leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
- Fluent English required (verbal/written)
- Consolidation and foreign currency matter experience preferred
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.