|Job Type:||Full Time|
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of US$2.9 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Infrastructure Investments Group (“IIG” or the “Group”) advises an open-ended, perpetual strategy that offers investors a moderate-risk, long-term approach to infrastructure equity investing that is diversified both in terms of geography and subsector. The strategy has c. US$12.5bn of AUM invested across 16 portfolio companies with a focus on contracted power generation, utilities, and transportation infrastructure. The strategy invests primarily in infrastructure companies and assets located in the U.S., Canada, Western Europe, Australia, and secondarily in other OECD countries.
IIG targets sustained growth through both new investments and capital deployment via bolt-on acquisitions to existing platform companies. The Group seeks to invest in companies and assets where it has a control position or where its rights permit significant management influence. IIG personnel strive to add value to these investments via the formulation and implementation of business process improvements, active asset management and board participation. Unlike closed-end products, the Group’s open-ended strategy allows for greater discretion on timing of investments and divestitures.
The Infrastructure Investments Group is seeking to hire an Associate – Investment Principal to play an integral role in acquisition and subsequent management of infrastructure companies and assets. This includes sourcing, underwriting, performing due diligence on, and closing new investments, as well as creating value in existing investments through board participation and partnership with executive management teams.
The Associate will work closely with senior IIG team members to effect long-term strategies for the Group, including:
- Interacting with sellers, partners, investment bankers and advisors to source and review select acquisition opportunities, including leading deal and structuring teams
- Screening investment opportunities from a qualitative and quantitative perspective, including taking an active role in due diligence, managing third-party experts and advisors, and discussing preliminary findings
- Drafting and presenting investment memorandums for internal investment committees and board meetings and external client presentations
- Developing and executing business plans for portfolio companies pre- and post-acquisition
- Overseeing and managing relationships with shareholders, operating partners and co-investors
- Liaising directly with portfolio company management on all aspects of business development, including M&A and financings
- Participating actively in the budgeting and strategic planning processes at portfolio companies
- Attending board and committee meetings for portfolio companies
- Supporting all aspects of fundraising activities
- Monitoring and maximizing cash flow from investments
Candidates should have:
- Demonstrable experience in private equity or infrastructure buy-side investing, investment banking, project finance and/or related infrastructure operating company experience; strategic consulting with previous experience in infrastructure assets may also be considered
- Working proficiency in operating and valuation models, including discounted cash flow analyses
- Expertise in selected industry and/or asset types, especially with respect to infrastructure (e.g., transportation, renewable energy, water)
- Commitment to the highest standards of integrity and ethics
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to independently manage time to deliver simultaneous projects to a high standard