|Job Type:||Full Time|
Vaultex is the UK’s leading cash processing company with sites nationwide. As a joint venture between Barclays Bank and HSBC, we process in excess of £160 billion bank notes and coins per year on behalf of our shareholders and customers, adhering to standards set by the Bank of England and the Note Circulation Scheme. If laid end-to-end, the note inflow we process would stretch to the moon and back!
Our mission to deliver best-in-class integrated cash management is underpinned by pinpoint accuracy and the design of bespoke solutions for our customers. As an award-winning employer focused on enabling on-going professional development and a healthy work-life balance, we believe in giving our staff a career and not just a job.
Learn more about us at: https://vaultexuk.com/about-us/
This is a exciting new role and function. And you will have responsibility to really shape the future of the cloud infrastructure!
This role supports the Head of IT Security in ensuring that Vaultex IT development and cloud services are delivered in a manner which supports the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data, whilst complying with good practice principles, regulatory requirements and the shareholders’ requirements.
The Cloud Security Specialist performs monitoring of cloud service usage, compliance with cloud security policies, offers specialist support and guidance to the development cells and carries out technical assessments of the cloud environment. The role will be responsible for supporting the build and/or evaluation of various cloud based services.
The role will work with Application Development, Operations, and other stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach to cloud services.
- Design and development of the cloud security control infrastructure and complete cloud security risk assessments and ensure security policies are in place.
- Serve as a technical resource with cross-functional teams advising and assisting with the design and implementation of cloud/cloud-security.
- Perform proactive monitoring of cloud services.
- Measure compliance with IT security policies and maintain industry leading security standards across the whole IT estate.
- Perform security assessments including vulnerability and application testing across all cloud based services.
- Liaise with business functions and stakeholders with an emphasis on clear communication both internally and externally, and maintenance of metrics / scorecards for security performance.
- Drive & Support the ongoing Security Awareness Programme, promoting awareness of applicable polices and standards, and drive the co-ordination of remediation activities.
- Provide second / third level support on IT Security incidents
- Provide guidance and support to development cells ensuring that new and existing services are developed in line with a secure code mentality and best practise.
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of emerging cloud threats and vulnerabilities recommending enhancements/improvements/innovation where necessary.
- Support the technology architecture function in the development of security patterns and support security standards and coding guidelines.
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold Status. As such, we have a great range of benefits, which include:
- A generous company pension- all employees are auto-enrolled onto a scheme whereby 4% from your salary is matched with a 10% employer contribution (other options available)
- 25 days annual leave, with an option to buy additional holidays
- Group life assurance
- VaulteXtra – offering discounts on various retailers, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, Gym Flex Membership, Cash-back on purchases, re-loadable cards to spend in store and eye tests
- Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling
- Robust learning and development department offering opportunities for career progression.
- A company culture underpinned by our CSR programme which welcomes and rewards innovative ideas, outreach into the community through charity work, and a celebration of our diverse workforce.
Skills required (please still apply if you don’t meet the criteria for all)
- Strong IT Security knowledge and understanding of IT risks, controls and mitigation techniques.
- Background in cloud computing, certification in Azure & Azure DevOps technologies is desirable.
- Good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Expertise with vulnerability scanning techniques
- Experience in designing cloud security monitoring solutions.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Vulnerability detection and remediation.
- Stakeholder management.
- Experience with development teams and embedding of security tooling within.
- Good problem solver and willing to work at a low level of detail where required.
- Ability to carefully gather and analyze information, and pinpoint issues in complex information
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all member of the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.
Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!