|Job Type:||Full Time|
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The FDM Strategy team is accountable for transforming the CIB approach to managing reference data to create an industry-leading data environment in terms of control, cost, and efficiency. The program scope continues to evolve and encompasses cultural, behavioral, procedural and systemic transformation across the full range of data domains (such as reference and transaction).
The successful candidates will join a team focused on transformation of our data management. They will be responsible for end to end management of business analysis, strategy recommendation, business rules definition and execution of change management initiatives, consistent with the business strategy and principals.
The role will work closely with all stakeholders including trading and/or product leads, sales, credit, operations and technology; looking to leverage best practice and tools across the industry and other J.P. Morgan business units. Additionally this role need to work very closely with Corporate Finance stakeholder groups.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- A Corporate Finance project/program manager with business analysis skills is needed to lead corporate Finance multi-year adoption for the strategic program of works covering party, roles and relationships
- Provide status updates, coordinate efforts, define business benefit statements and facilitate discussions with core team, senior managers and business/technology stakeholders across ref-data, risk & collateral stripes
- Communicate strategy, goals, objectives and agree business benefits with ref-data, Corporate Finance, Liquidity Risk & Capital Management stakeholder community
- Agree program delivery scope, definition of done, objectives & success criteria with relevant stakeholders community
- Define delivery approach and multi-year roadmap for Corporate Finance, Liquidity Risk & Regulatory Capital adoption
- Define, discuss, agree and track delivery plans for Corporate Finance
- Conduct Corporate Finance & Data acquisition working groups, design discussions and deep-dive sessions to syndicate models, analyse use cases & sample data
- Facilitate requirements sessions with Corporate Finance and strategic FDM Solution team for modelling
- Facilitate design interlocks and integration solutions involving various teams (FDM, Corporate Finance, collateral, ref-data etc)
- Coordinate UAT & Regression testing with ref-data, FDM, Corporate Finance
- Lead and support process reengineering – analyze current state and define future state business processes to ensure consistency across party reference data, account reference data, client documents management and regulatory controls & reporting processes.
- Identify data integrity opportunities, perform root cause analysis, understand impact & interdependencies, develop & agree Business Rules, define strategic Tech solutions and drive implementation partnering with Key Business & Tech stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and lead changes, ensuring that the relevant business, operations and technology stakeholders are engaged and that all issues and risks are identified and escalated.
This role is a rare and outstanding opportunity within JPMorgan and will offer the candidate the opportunity to join a high profile team and take a leadership role within the FDM Ref Data Strategy group to manage one of the most significant change programs in the Bank.
- Expertise & Business domain knowledge in Finance (Financial Netting, Regulatory Capital, Regulatory Reporting, GL Posting, Adjustments, Reconciliations) & collateral business domain as deep subject matter understanding is key to the success of this role
- Along with Finance, having prior experience in risk related regulations (Basel II/III, FRTB, NCMR, BCBS239 etc) is key to be able to join the dots
- MBA (Investment Banking &/or Risk Management) and Professional qualification (CFA, FRM, PRM) will be a plus for the role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and investigative skills
- Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements
- Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
- Confidence in communicating at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority across front office, middle office, various risk stripes, collateral and technology teams
- Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships
- Effective change management skills
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
- Business understanding of one or more of the CIB business areas is desirable; Knowledge around regulatory reporting processes around those areas is a plus
- Understanding of logical data models, meta data and information architecture would be beneficial, as would experience with client reference data/ account reference data / Client Document management
- The chosen candidate should be flexible enough to lead other related adoption areas or any line of Business adoption areas if required
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.