|Job Type:||Full Time|
The GSMO Digital Transformation Partnership organization is embarking on an effort to identify and engage with late stage startups and Unicorns to secure long lasting partnerships with such organizations and get them to utilize the benefits of our platforms and leverage the advantages of our business model. This effort will involve close alignment with the WW Business development and ISV organizations and deep collaboration with the subsidiary and area teams.
In this context, we are establishing two teams, a business development team formed primarily of Business Development Manager, Account Technology Strategists, and a technical team formed primarily of Cloud Solution Architects. The teams will be distributed into regional PODs in Europe, Israel and Singapore. The business development team will report into a Business development lead, while the technical team will report into a CSA manager.
The collective responsibility of the late-stage startups and Unicorns team is:
- Leading and shaping the future of high potential late stage startups and unicorns based on globally set selection criteria
- Assessing external data identifying those unicorns and late stage, qualifying them based on current status, scores, cost of complexity and acquisition as well as internal Microsoft relationship and relevance (any upcoming ISV that can scale and go big)
- Engaging with this segment to prioritize the right motion for a potential unicorn WIN (either through projects on azure at the start, strategic partnership with commitment, exclusivity on a specific workload, …)
- Building strategic partnerships at the right time, with those unicorns to accelerate their growth and build new solutions
- Onboarding the selected ones on Azure platform, designing and helping to migrate and increase consumption while striking the right goals for unicorns.
- Envisioning new industry scenarios and business models with the unicorns
- Driving technical alignment with the v-technical team across segments (CSU, STU, GBBs, Engineering, CSE etc…)
Unicorn Technology Strategist (U - ATS)
The Unicorn ATS is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our industry-specific customers. They work exclusively to dissect the industry of a specific customer, map industry trends to the technical foundation, understand and translate where the customer wants to go, and orchestrate resources to make that vision a reality. Improvement is a given and disruption a must for the ATS. Their technical acumen and industry expertise enable the customer to do business like never before. They are members of a team that aspires for the line-of-business platform to be based on Microsoft Azure Cloud, Modern Workplace solutions, and Microsoft Dynamics 365, while simultaneously respecting legacy platforms as needed. The ATS reports to the Sales Manager and is the owner of the CIO/CTO relationship and contributor to the CEO/CFO relationship owned by their peer, the Unicorn Business Development Manager.
The U-ATS will be responsible for the following:
- Digital transformation –Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition
- Leadership –Orchestrating technical teams in order to help solidify the path to the complex, yet exciting journey that is digital transformation. Beyond orchestration, you will display the ability to rely on the help of others and ensure there is a vested interest to engage
- Technical architecture ownership - Leading the design and delivery of technical architectures in industries such as Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive, Telco, Media, Oil/Gas/Energy
- Technical sales leadership – Differentiating yourself by having a combination of a strong focus on line-of-business platform and related industry solutions
- Executive presence – Owning relationships with technology executives –CIO/CTO and members of their office and influencing relationships with CEO/CFO
We are looking for you to master our customer’s industry and business, the markets in which customers operate, and Microsoft’s capability to help them drive their digital transformation. You may have a track record in our customers' industries and may have performed in positions such as CIO, CTO, CDO. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital transformational challenges and opportunities. You may also share a common set of characteristics – such as strong leadership and people skills - and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value.
- Proven experience in digital transformation roles
- Proven experience leading technical teams
- Proven experience of technical sales experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or business administration related degree. Master's degree preferred
- Additional training or education in business, sales, or marketing preferred
- Experience in business consulting or consultative selling is desired
Business and technical requirements
- Possess both a sales and technical background across the 3 clouds (at 200 level) - Required
- Able to drive and lead engagements at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. - Required
- Have the ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. - Required
- Have the Understanding of startups ecosystem, VC firms, and incubators. - Required
- Develop a long term vision and deploy short term flexible tactics. - Required
- Orchestrate and create buy-in for the solutions vision with key internal and external teams. - Required
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impact the ability of the team to meet strategic and technical goals. - Required
- Have the right experience and Knowledge of cloud native architectures - Optional
- Have the Experience working with born in the cloud companies – Optional
- Have the Capacity and Capability to Drive technical alignment with the v-technical team across in subsidiary and area segments (CSU, STU, GBBs, Engineering, CSE etc…)
- Ability to own and develop accounts technical consumption plans and technical closure plans, in alignment with existing CSAs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.