|Job Type:||Full Time|
JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The Chief Data Office has a mandate set and actively supported at the board level to transform data management towards demonstrable shareholder value. The Data Network Architecture (‘DNA’) team has a firm wide remit to deliver a broad set of data management capabilities including the overall functional and technical vision for data governance. The DNA Information Architecture team shapes and leads the design of the Shared Metamodel (SMM). The SMM is a Data Model for facts about data in JPMC. It is used for data management and data governance purposes. The model intends to be the unifying language for LoB’s/functions to share metadata at the firm wide level.
Role Title: FDM Information Architect / Data Modeller
Role Level: Vice President
Accountable for leading and shaping the data design of the DNA Data Catalogue Product that sources and distributes facts about data at JPMC. Design phases will be based on prioritised needs from DNA Product Management and a Firm wide working group of stakeholders and the design feeds into an Agile development process to build the Product iteratively. This role will be a part of the Product Management function, taking input from user stories and detailed requirements and turning into designs for both a logical data model and overseeing an API design based on the logical model
Role Reporting Line:
Into FDM Information Architecture SMM Lead
- Develop the Conceptual/Logical and Communication Data model of the SMM for the DNA Data Catalogue product and other catalogues, with focus on subject areas pertaining to Data Management, including: Data in Motion (lineage), Data in Place, Data Authority & Roles, Data Classification, Data Controls, Data Quality and Data Usage.
- Own and drive advancement of the model to ensure it meets prioritised needs from Product Management and stakeholders. Work alongside Business Analysts to refine those requirements.
- Stakeholder management of Information Architect community across all Lines of Business and Corporate Functions – Plan and run meetings with 10+ peers who input views and design perspectives. Key to the success of this role is to achieve consensus and sign-off amongst this group.
- Document decisions, standards, and ensure the model versions are documented to required standards, and are accessible via modelling portal and confluence site.
- Communicate and train colleagues on the new features of the model after each release.
- Partner with FDM Technology to ensure the DNA API is developed to comply with the Logical Data Model.
- Ensure any breaking changes to the model / API are understood, agreed, stakeholders are comfortable, and aware of how to upgrade
- Work with Technology and Business to enable the integration with the DNA model via the API
- Participate in Firm wide forums on integration topics around sharing architecture data / metadata
- significant experience with Logical Data Modelling using MagicDraw, ERwin, PowerDesigner, ERStudio, or similar UML modelling tool.
- Demonstrable success in defining and implementing multiple Enterprise grade Data Models; must be able to show experience modelling data management and/or other architectural metadata.
- Highly knowledgeable about relevant Data Management & Governance topics including: Data Glossaries, Taxonomy management, Data Cataloguing, Data Lineage, Data Quality or Automated Data Discovery – demonstrable practical experience in as many of these as possible.
- Confident and comfortable leading a group of experienced enterprise modellers and architects to achieve consensus. Must be able to show strength of personality and persistence to deliver on time.
- Attention to detail. Quality of documentation and communication is vital.
Optional / Valued:
- Knowledge of RESTful web services, Open API specification, and swagger.
- Technology background in database design, messaging, enterprise integration.
- Knowledge of data/metadata standards including those from OMG (e.g MOF, UML) and W3C (e.g. OWL/RDF). Able to transcend from logical modelling to semantic standards.