|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a motivated technologist who can balance technical depth and interpersonal skills while working with partner teams to develop platform solutions? If so, we are hiring a Sr. Software Engineer for the Platform & Marketplaces eCommerce Identity team, you'll be working in highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. Our team runs customer identity management systems for Expedia Group. We are building a platform for authenticating the users, session management, profile management, risk mitigation, and analytics for driving intelligence from customer interaction patterns.
In this position, you will lead on technical solution design, while developing with a team of engineers, product managers, and architects building features for an in-house large-scale Identity management system and work with business and product partners to drive the road map and strategy for the group in this area. As someone who loves to look beyond the status quo, you will work to gain solid understanding of Identity domain, help define and prioritize new features, and offer constructive critiques of planned features. This team works in an agile environment focused on outcomes and delivering value as we offer new capabilities and quickly integrate them into our production systems.
- Develop scalable, highly available, and reliable systems with high throughput in the tens of thousands of requests per second with low latency.
- Deliver solutions ensuring security standards and methodologies, ease of use as platform services, ease of integration, adoption and maintainability. All of these solutions will be designed for and built in the cloud.
- Design architecture and be able to present to technical and non-technical audiences
- Propose and implement the right practices, standards, policies and rules across different functional areas of the company
- You will lead the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Develop new capabilities for the Identity solutions that will enable new features and improve experiences
- Seek to innovate, move quickly into exciting new technology opportunities
- Ability to conduct proof of concepts of well-established and innovative enterprise software tools
- Work with brand partners on a scalable integration patterns to access our core systems
- Work with Product and Architects to build roadmap and project plans for technology teams to deliver on.
- Produce documentation & status updates to keep partners & team members abreast of solutions, and proposed architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; able to improvise and communicate ideas/positions on an ad hoc basis
- Excellent skills at encouraging working relationships and driving team work.
- Solid attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- High degree of proficiency with learning new technologies and provide solutions for business, technology architecture, and compliance.
- Experienced with capturing business requirements, removing ambiguity and working with the team to build clear plans, project artifacts such as user stories with attention to detail and crisp acceptance criteria.
- Experience in working with Senior leadership across multiple product and engineering areas
- Experience on developing high availability and reliable products with alert and monitoring systems.
- Exposure to delivering products using cloud infrastructure.
Experience and qualification:
- Strong experience building highly available and scalable systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in Java and/or Kotlin programming languages
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring Boot, and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with in and across the teams
- You enjoy guiding and learning from your co-workers
- Strong bias-to-action, problem solving & organizational skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple.Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®,
lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.We build the sites of our customers’ dreams. We build the tools that don’t exist so we can solve globally-scaled problems. We don’t expect answers to fall in our laps, which is why we’re conditioned to test, learn, and repeat.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.