|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Enterprise Protection and Detection Center is looking for a Security Software Engineer to join the Sonar Detection and Defense engineering team. The Center is focused on countering adversary-based threats to Microsoft and its customers through production and dissemination of threat intelligence, proactive hunting and incident response, and the development of new tools and approaches to detect adversary activity.
We are a local group of supportive team players, working on critical and strategic projects involving high-performance design, coding, debugging and optimization work in a fast-paced agile development environment. We regularly collaborate with other seasoned engineers across Microsoft while learning a ton and working of a variety of technologies. We embrace a culture which is customer focused, delivers continuously, drives engineering excellence, is collaborative, fun loving and iterative.
The Security Software Engineer will:
- Research the advanced threat / exploitation landscape;
- Implement rich security analysis and production quality detection capabilities for Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection service;
- Build and use automation in the cloud to scale-out impact;
- Have strong data knowledge, and ability to analyze and present complex data visually in a meaningful way.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or comparable industry experience;
- Provable programming skills (C++ and/or C#) and understanding of data structures/algorithms;
- Good understanding of operating system and computer networking concepts;
- Knowledge in security and exploit/malware detection technologies, analysis and reverse engineering;
- Knowledge in intelligence analysis and reporting using common tools and techniques;
- Good communication skills and an eye for detail. Able to perform well under stress, particularly in emergency response situations;
- Strong problem solving skills and technical judgment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.