|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Metros and Civils division is one of the global leaders advising a broad range of clients in the planning, design and construction of civil engineering projects across the array of size and type. Our division maintains a variety of core civil and structural engineering skills principally within the bridges, tunnels, ground engineering, ports and coastal sectors.
We are working on some of the UK's most iconic civil engineering projects including HS2, Crossrail2, Northern Line Extension, as well as coastal defence and erosion solutions for UK local authorities and port infrastructure for global operators.
As a Project Director within Metros & Civils, you will manage the Liverpool based team and help to develop our business further in the North West. You will be a key team member ensuring the effective and reliable delivery of various transportation and infrastructure related projects. You will have core heavy civil skills and and bring your experience directly into projects. Additionally, you will assist the team in guiding and mentoring our early career professionals within the division. As we are constantly looking to add new business to our portfolio, local knowledge and the ability to bring and build a local network to influence business development initiatives will be key in this position.
You will be accountable for the successful completion of transportation related heavy civil engineering projects under your oversight which will include:
- Project direction leading to the commercial success of our projects, including contractual issues, risk, resourcing, programming, collaboration, commercial matters and ensuring our clients' development expectations are exceeded
- Responsible for the strategic planning, management and growth of the Liverpool team
- Mentoring and staff development
- Technical leadership of a project portfolio (transportation related heavy civil engineering projects)
- Project involvement using your experience in heavy civil engineering projects
- Developing the business with existing and new clients, and pursuing further opportunities
- Building, strengthening and managing relationships with clients and collaborating with colleagues, consultants and contractors.
Does this sound like you?
As an accomplished Chartered Civil/ Structural Engineer, you are able to demonstrate practical experience as a Project Director (or equivalent role) within the transportation sector, including relevant regional UK North West experience (market/ clients/ projects). You will have in-depth technical and commercial experience of heavy civil engineering (tunnels, deep basements, ports) including experience of design and assessment having previously worked within a design consultancy. With your strong inter-personal skills as well as team management and problem-solving attributes and experience you will be comfortable networking with professionals and clients to drive business development initiatives facilitating growth. Due to the nature of our work, you will be willing to travel when required.
How to apply
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application and read the full job description and candidate specification.
We offer a competitive benefits package including our flexible benefits scheme covering additional holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, cycle to work, season ticket loan and much more. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.