|Location:||Remote - UK/EU only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
The Specialist Manager (SSM) is a senior leader within our SMC organisation. The SSM leads, develops and manages a team of high performing Specialists (SSPs) to drive solution opportunity revenue and market share by leveraging the Microsoft Technologies to meet their customers data modernization and analytics solution needs.
The mission of the Modern Work team is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to help with improved productivity, collaboration and increased security as customers strive to secure the home worker and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
As a Specialist Manager for the Modern Work team, you will accelerate business by building ambitious sales plans to capitalize on transformational shifts occurring in the market place. You will develop smart selling solutions with partners to focus on business value, make deals bigger, faster, and more impactful. You will be a market-influencer able to leverage a strong and active Business Decision Maker network and challenge sellers with insights and perspectives that empower them to adopt new practices, think differently and accelerate business growth. You are disciplined in business management and thrive in a complex solution selling world.
Lead sellers to drive Modern Work business to overachieve targets
- Meets team sales and revenue targets
- Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational standards
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization Corporate levels.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud services sold.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
- personally engaging with key partners in territory to support SMC mindshare
10+ years of experience:
- solution sales for Modern Workplace solutions or similar e.g. M365, productivity, collaboration or security platforms
- selling software-as-a-service or cloud-based applications to Corporate customers.
- identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- leading multi-million-dollar business app deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- successfully displacing competitors
- carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprise deals
- demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated Sales and Sales Management experience in Industry-aligned Enterprise or Corporate sales.
Deep Understanding of:
- Modern Work solutions and how they translate into business impact
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings – including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure.
- Competitors and related ecosystem
- The latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Specialists and Technical Specialists
- Strong negotiating skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.