|Job Type:||Full Time|
Looking to combine your excellent language, editorial and project-management skills, people-management experience, top-notch customer service abilities, and technology interests into one great job?
The Localization Quality Manager position offers this mix in a dynamic, multi-cultural and productive environment. You will work together with our internal teams to allow all Expedia Group brands to operate with a truly global localization quality solution.
What you’ll do:
- Be accountable for and handle the quality of content and User Interface for Expedia Group branded sites in your language.
- We will ask you to lead and line develop a team of translators localizing content across all Expedia Group content types
- Ensure your translation team follows our quality processes and necessary guidelines and instructions.
- Exhibiting strong leadership, you will build strong business relationships in support of business objectives and lead a culture of continuous improvement and quality monitoring/ improvement.
- Develop close 1-2-1 relationships with internal partners to ensure tone, style and brand guidelines are adhered to. Work in conjunction with Point of Sale on content reviews and audits.
- Responsible for liaising with the partners regarding quality issues and establishing a solid review cycle, assessing the feedback from internal clients together with Project Managers.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple requests from various partners across brands.
- Manage terminology, glossaries, reference materials and style guides.
- Monitor QA results and overall project performance of internal and external translation teams.
- Ensure all samplings and QA results are documented and reported to the necessary partners in line with the official Localization Quality System.
- Perform content audits to ensure our content meets our quality standards, is locally relevant and follows a customer-centric approach.
- Proactively suggest and implement initiatives to improve our content offering and add additional value to our brands.
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Solid experience in the ecommerce/localization industry as a manager/senior team leader
- Extensive writing/editing experience, preferably in e-commerce content development
- Degree in Translation/Linguistics/Computational linguistics or equivalent relevant experience
- Working knowledge of translation memory software and translation processes
- French as your native language with fluency in English, and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working in a global environment
- Quality focused mindset
- Affinity to work independently and a can-do attitude
- Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback
- Strong people management skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.