|Job Type:||Full Time|
Your Role Within our Kingdom
* Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of level designers
* Set the standard for your team in terms of level creation, quality assessment, and best practices to create, assess, rebalance and tune new and existing levels
* Be the go-to expert for your game for any questions around level design, like how much content to release, what balancing strategy makes the most sense for your title, what decisions should be taken based on your understanding and analysis of the data, and what actions are needed to ensure that the game continues to be competitive in a rapidly changing industry.
* Work closely with game designers, developers, artists and producers to shape new features and contribute to creative discussions.
* Lead your team in continuously improving workflow and process efficiency.
* Blend creativity with methodical testing and balancing
* Remain up-to-date with Level Design literature and best practices to continue contributing to Portfolio Games’ Level Design expertise.
Skills to Create Thrills
*You have a great passion for games, understand the casual market and know how to think out of the box. And, of course, you’ll need to know what makes a good game.
*Experience and/or knowledge of level design for casual games
*Experience managing or mentoring creatives
*Solid understanding of game balancing and pacing
*Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices
*Effective communication skills
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. Do you think this is something you can help us achieve? Then we’d love to talk with you.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.