|Job Type:||Full Time|
What to expect
Our Off-Cycle Internship Program begins in Spring or Summer, depending on your academic schedule. Your professional growth and development will be supported throughout the internship program via project work related to your academic and professional interests, mentorship, engaging speaker series with senior leaders and more. Full-time employment offers may be extended upon successful completion of the program.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Understand the role of integrity and transparency in dealing with regulators, clients and business partners
- Work collaboratively across the entire organization to find and solve problems before they grow
- Come up with innovative ways to solve challenges and answer queries
- Work on complex problems that require creative solutions
- Manage relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders to minimize risks and follow laws in various locations
We are looking for innovative problem-solvers with a passion for developing complex solutions that support our global business.
Key Qualifications include:
- Enrolled in a master’s or Ph.D. degree program in math, science, engineering, computer science, economics or other quantitative fields
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills and demonstrated research skills
- Mastery of advanced mathematics (probability theory, stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, numerical analysis, statistics, econometrics) or the ability to program using C++, Java, C# or Python
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of options pricing theory, trading algorithms or financial regulations
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you unique: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
To start the application, you will be prompted to enter your email address. Your email address will be used to create and maintain your profile so make sure it is one you will have long term access to. Do not use an email address with “.edu” extension as doing so could result in delays receiving updates regarding your candidacy.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive another email invitation to complete a coding challenge, powered by HireVue.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed it. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.